Just when I thought we have ceased dealing with them, I receive a call from a travel agent in the middle of a frantic week. It happens they are offering discounted 7-day cruise holidays for December. I have the most terrible headache so I told him to just send the details to my email and will talk it out with my Husband.
Of course, the agent won’t easily be put off but enumerates to me why we should book family cruise holidays and spend Christmas in a luxury liner. In a bid to distract myself from pain, I listen and tried to follow and imagine what he was rambling on.
1. It is a good value for money. It is the ultimate all-inclusive holiday for a one-time payment includes accommodation, food, and entertainment. Cabin choices include inside, ocean view or with veranda. Food means dining on intercontinental buffet three times a day. Entertainment includes theater shows and casino.
2. Cruising is perfect for families. There is a lot of programs for kids such as movies under the stars, climbing walls, soft play area, not to mention the ship they are offering us has four swimming pools including one with retractable roof. Of course, there is also the chance for dolphin or whale spotting. Hence, a cabin with balcony seems perfect so as not to miss any opportunity.
3. Limited stress for you unpack only once. And yet you get to be transported and wake up to different countries along the way.
4. You get to socialize with the whole family, meet new friends, hear their travels.
5. Do more and see more in short span of time. You can be snorkeling today at a private secluded beach, watch world class entertainment at night, and wake up to a new horizon.
6. Regardless of your budget, cruising means pampering for everyone. Every guest is treated with utmost importance.
7. Sea, sun, and ship equals romance. Watch the sunset together, watch the the ocean by your veranda, lounge by the pool, have candle lit dinner, go to a spa together, these are just some of the things couples can do aboard.
Hubby is tempted. Timely too because the ship departure schedule coincides with Little C’s Christmas break from school. It will be our first cruise experience if ever. But we have to see first if the budget permits.