It’s been a busy month and the optimist in me like to think I played it well. Here’s a list of (among others) what made my September a month to cherish.
1. A comeback on the blogging world? I rested for two months and I thought it will take me until December to regain my footing. Fortunately advertisers and clients’ emails are pouring in.
2. In collaboration with Elemis Middle East, my lifestyle blog is hosting a giveaway open to UAE residents only. We now have 40 participants hoping to win Limited Edition Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel. I was expecting maybe 10 or 20 but 40 people in less than 2 weeks? Thank you so much for all the support! The competition ends today so join the fun while you can. Nothing too tedious to do. Just like and comment for a chance to bring home the Elemis goodie.
3. I am regularly joining twitter party Blog Talk every Tuesday at 3pm, hosted by @sandierpastures. It’s fun as I get to make new friends and discover new blogs based in UAE. If you have one, or thinking of starting a new blog, do join us. We learn a lot like how to connect with audience, how frequently should we post, how to address writer’s block, etc.
4. Again, after two months of slacking, I finally resumed my GlamBox Quick Reviews. My knowledge on make up and skin care is limited, I even suck at describing them but it’s one of my most visited topics. I guess it proves there is just too much interest on the billion dollar industry of cosmetics.
5. Yours truly was invited to join COSTA Coffee UAE lifestyle photoshoot at their new Metropolitan store in Dubai Marina Walk. Lots of free coffee, pastries, pasta, and camera clicking but most of all, I enjoyed meeting the people behind COSTA online and marketing.
6. We discovered new places and experienced Friday movie nights by the pool.
7. And no matter how busy it was,our family took time to support The Box Appeal. I squeezed reading Game of Thrones series.
8. I resumed doing restaurant reviews, resumed my thrift hunt – wait till you see my black skinny pants with leather patch for $3.
9. I am paying more attention now to my blog’s Facebook page. That means I there will be more giveaways to come wink wink!
10. But best of all, I crossed one off my bucket list. September was the month I went horse riding in the desert. It was exciting, and scary when the horse’ hoofs bury in the sand as you both try to climb way uphill. But then, you feel it so powerful and strong and all animal as it carries you all the way your trek so you can see a breathtaking splendid sunset.
Goodbye, happy September! How about you? What was the highlight of the month?