I continue my posts on Eid Holiday Ideas. But first, I would like to say thank you to my online readers and personal friends for their continued interest. Many are asking where is our final Eid holiday destination. It will all be revealed in due time. I am just waiting for Hubby’s company to declare when is their official break.
For now, I share with you another fantastic Eid escape destination, the Republic of Cyprus. A few years back, our family friends spent their honeymoon here. And this week, another friend couple confirmed that due to rave travel reviews, they were searching online for great deals on Cyprus holidays. This prompted me to get a closer look on the third largest island in the Mediterranean Sea.
I share with you some reasons why Cyprus is a must visit island.
1. The island is steeped with ancient heritage. This is reportedly the birthplace of Aphrodite.Cyprus has enjoyed a rich and varied history, with many civilisations thriving on the islands, from the Greek, Roman and Byzantine eras to the present day.
2. Witness traditional wine making as it is a vintage pastime on the island. For more than 4000 years, vines have been cultivated here. Ancient civilizations, delight in the sublime climatic conditions that are more than beneficial to wine production. Indeed, the oldest wine in the world hails from Cyprus. Commandaria – a sweet red wine – has a documented history going back to the late 12th century when the Knights Templars ruled the land.
3. Sunshine. Stunning world class, unspoilt pure white sand beaches at an affordable price. Larnaca, the main airport is only four hours away from Dubai.
4. See the ruins of places mentioned in the Bible. Salamis was the landing site for Paul, Barnabas, and John Mark when they sailed from Antioch to Cyprus to preach the Gospel.
5. Cypriot gastronomy is a unique blend of Greek, African and Middle Eastern dishes. their traditional Meze is highly recommended. It is a combination of 30 mini-dishes comprised of fish or meat or both.