Now frantic where to spend Eid? Recent announcement tells us some countries will get as much as two weeks Eid holiday. Hence, many people are now choosing this time to go abroad. With most parts of the world busy returning to school, travel abroad has never been easier as October is always deemed a low season.
Voted as top British city to see and always popular around the world as a family destination, spending holiday in Edinburgh assures you of sophisticated, cultured, and cosmopolitan time. After all, it has always been referred to as the “Athens of North.”
Be enchanted with Edinburgh as I give you further reasons to visit:
1. With rich cultural histories, strong traditions and scores of free amusements for children – from castles to museums – the Scotland capital scores very highly with millions of travellers. Families enjoy booking Edinburgh hotels on sites like Venere where they can find accommodation suited to their needs may it be a golf hotel, urban hotel, vacation rental, or even bed & breakfast.
2. Sightseeing includes the world famous Edinburgh Castle. There is a gun fired every day at one o’clock and a room where the crown jewels of Scotland are kept. The Old and New Towns of Edinburghare listed as World Heritage Sites by UNESCO. Both young and adult will also greatly appreciate The Museum of Childhod, dedicated to a history of childhood. Dress up in costume and listen to the sound of a 1930’s schoolroom.
3. Edinburgh is home to several famous international festivals like The Book Festival, The International Festival, The Film Festival and of course, the tickle-funny Fringe which merits its own section.
4. No city holiday is complete without a day trip. Head to south of the city and visit Rosslyn Chapel, as featured in Da Vinci Code. Alternatively, you can treat yourself to a funky designer hotel stay at Hotel Missoni Edinburgh.
5. Haggis, bagpipes, and whisky. Love them or loathe them, it all contributes to a spectacular stay in Scotland’s royal capital.
The city of London may attract all the attention and Manchester may have the cool, confident vibe, but there can be little argument that Edinburgh is UK’s most sophisticated city oozing with genuine style.