Summer season is fast approaching and it always make us feel like going on a holiday. What could be more rewarding than an island getaway? Grand Canary’s largest island Tenerife, offers the perfect holiday destination for summer.
Tenerife has year-round spring climate. There is lush greenery all over the island making it a luxurious heart-stopping beauty. Yet, the island is dubbed as mass tourist destination and flights Tenerife are always packed because it is a good value for money. Holidays here are relaxing, simple, yet very rewarding.
Escape to Tenerife means you can do the following:
1. See El Teide via cable lift. This is the highest mountain in Spain and a World Heritage Site that is the third largest volcano in the world from its base.
2. Sightseeing activities include cathedral and churches like the Cueva de Achbinico, the first Christian shrine of the Canary Islands. You can also see the defensive castles located in the village of San Andrés. If looking for something modern, visit the impressive Tenerife Auditorium.
3. Do the ultimate road trip. Have a challenging drive along the winding mountain road. An hour on the road and you can visit another popular destination Masca village. Alternatively, you can go hiking as this is also a very popular activity in the island.
4. You can visit good attraction parks of animals such as Loro Parque Zoo, a huge animal park and a foundation protecting animals. Jungle Park on the other side is also popular for the bird of prey show.
5. Do an array of water activities. Tenerife is also a favored destination for seasoned scuba divers. Go around the harbour wall in Puerto de la Cruz for fantastic volcanic rock formations, or feed the stringrays at Las Galletas for a unique experience.
Lastly, do not forget to take a sip of their internationally acclaimed local wine. It has often been referred to by poets as the cup of Canary in their literary ramblings. This isle paradise offers so much more and is a wonderful place to travel come summer and all the rest of the year.