With the Dubai Shopping Festival now over, bargain-hungry shoppers looking for their next fashion fix do not need to wait another year. McArthurGlen Designer Outlets, Europe’s leading group of designer outlets, bring together the world’s leading fashion and luxury brands to offer savvy shoppers year-round savings of 30-70%. Now that’s an idea to tag along to your husband next time he goes on a Europe business trip. While they meet and talk on latest construction innovation and improvements on indexing plungers , go shop to your heart’s content.
But before you hit the shopping paradise, make sure you know how to maximise your trip and avoid a closet full great bargains that do not match.
Shaeren McKenzie, Marketing Director at McArthurGlen Designer Outlets, reveals her top tips on the art of outlet shopping:
1. “Stock up on classic staples such as scarfs, cashmere, leather accessories and tailored pieces at a great price. Buy multiple pieces that will last you the whole season for a great cost per wear ratio.”
2. “Do not forget the brag factor. It is all about making sure your friends know you got your designer ‘IT’ Bag for half the price they got theirs for. And do not forget when you arrive at a McArthurGlen outlet to pick up a fashion passport that gets you 10% off.”
3. “It is easy to get caught up in the moment and purchase items that you will only wear once or twice, just because of the amazing price. Take your time and ensure that you chose items that coordinate with your existing wardrobe.”
4. “See if you can buddy up with the shop assistant at your favourite brand so that they can let you know what not-to-be-missed pieces are in the store.”
5. “Go through fashion magazines, rip out your favourite looks and create a tick-list to ensure your wardrobe is fully stocked for the season.”
6. “Do some research before your trip. Go to the website for the outlet you are visiting to find out about special offers, new collections and in-store events so you can plan your visits accordingly.”
Now that you have the knowledge of how to get the best bargains, where should you go?
McArtherGlen’s Designer Outlet Salzburg offers more than 200 top international designer labels, such as Valentino, Escarda and Hugo Boss. The outlet caters specifically to GCC shoppers, with a dedicated service room to use during prayer time which has prayer mat, Koran and separate men’s and women’s areas. Avid skiers and shopaholics alike can make tracks from the mountains of nearby ski resorts, including Zell am See, Saalbach and Obertauern, to indulge in some après-ski retail therapy at the centre, just ten minutes’ drive from Salzburg.