While at the hypermarket today, one staff was demonstrating how to use a facial steamer. Since I previously learned that facial steaming can minimize/shrink pores, I stopped by to watch along with other women.
After the demonstration, some opted to buy but the lovely lady (probably of Lebanese or Syrian national) standing beside me only smiled. I smiled back and she said, it is easy to make your own facial steam at home.
Before I can inquire further, she continued and I am sharing to you what I learned from her.
1. Place a handful of herbs (mint or rosemary) in a pot of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes, adding water as needed.
2. Secure your hair back from your face.
3. Wash your face as usual.
4. Place the pot with the steaming water on potholder on a table. Make a tent over your head with a towel, and hang your head over the steaming pot. Make sure not to lean close enough to the steam to scald yourself.
5. Keep your face in the steam tent for about 5 minutes.
6. Rinse your face with cool water.
7. Follow with an astringent then exfoliate gently.
Steaming your face can be done once a week much like using a facial mask.