How about some feather statement for a change?
Fun, whimsical, and exudes earth style, feather accessories are loved by the boho chic fashionista. However, feather through the years bumped itself to the luxe fashion when celebrities started to embrace them as earrings. Gwyneth Paltrow burst into a Hollywood scene wearing hot pink feathers on both ears as an edgy accessory to her little black dress. Jessica Biel, after an initial break-up with JT was first seen in public wearing a longer version perfectly complimenting he straight locks. She looked humbled and her choice of accessory reconnects her to have fun with her inner self.
How do you pull it off? It’s all in the attitude. I was bored with hoop and pearls and chandeliers. H&M is doing a massive 75% off sale and when I saw the pair for less than a dollar, I took one before heading to the counter to pay for the day’s purchase. Although I had no idea how to wear it, it should provide a much needed distraction to my ill-self.
1. Let your earrings be the focus of your outfit. Keep everything else simple. Whatever feather color, keep your clothes in neutral shade – black, white, brown.
2. Or you are feeling brave, you can choose to compliment the feather. If you have royal blue feather then wear a blue top. If you opt for hot pink, go for the same shade of top. Or go white snowy feather on a white top. This style is not for the faint-hearted.
3. Up your evening wear with a peacock feather earrings. The luxury peacock feather definitely deserves to go with a dress – chiffon, silk, or fancy.
4. For hairstyles, you can opt for a messy bun. Or you can do a sideswept braid for a little drama.
5. For bigger, longer feather earrings, they are perfect backdrop on hair so you can let your locks down with this style.