Summer season spells a lot of fun except for one thing. It is utterly hard to look your best. The scorching heat, humidity, salty breeze, glaring sun, and even chlorinated water all wreak havoc to our skin and hair. Today I share with you some of my favorite beauty products which sees me through the summer outdoors.
1. Nuxe Dry Oil. This can be used for face, hair, and body so it is perfect for summer travel. However, I love using it as nighttime facial moisturizer especially when I have spent most of the day outdoors. It smells elegant, it is not greasy, easily absorbed by skin, and you wake up with uber soft kissable cheeks!
2. Avon Moroccan Argan Oil Leave-in Hair Treatment. I blow dry my hair three times a week. But before I turn on my Phillips hair dryer, I rub a small amount of the hair oil to act as heat defense. I have been using this for the last six months and I notice there is less hair breakage and decreased split ends. After all, among Argan oil’s benefit is to nourish, strengthen and protect hair from root to tip.
3. Herbline Essentials Papaya Face Mask. While I do not patronize whitening products, I understand the need to brighten my face complexion especially during summer. Once a week, I use papaya face mask which promises skin tightening, lightening, and controls blemish. For the three other seasons, I go for face mask with intensive hydration like strawberry yoghurt or honey.
4. LUSH Mint Julips Sugar Scrub. This is my current obsession. Never before are my lips are so plump, so soft, so defined, and my lipstick stays put and long-wearing! If you are looking to add a new beauty routine, do the lip scrub. You’ll be amazed of the flakes you can remove everyday and it even lightens those dark lines (if you have them like me).
5. Boots No. 17 Eye Dazzle. This is a shimmery loose powder eye shadow available in different colors. But I always end up using this sparkly beige. I love the idea of a golden glow hence I also use it at times on my cheeks or brush lightly from my forehead down to my chin.
6. Avon Color Trend in Melondrama. It is creamy and you feel your lips moisturized while wearing it. It has natural, glossy finish making you look like you just had a bite of watermelon. This is the third lipstick I tried from Avon and by far my favorite. While you need to reapply every now and then, it does not smudge and you won’t mind rubbing the creamy stick every now then through out the day.
7. H&M Dip Liner. This renewed my interest on liquid eyeliner. I have better control of the pen hence I can flick to my heart’s content. It is dark and one application and you get an instant drama on your look. My only wish is that it is waterproof.
8. Labello Sun Protect SPF 30 Waterproof. To prevent darkening of your lips, always wear a lip balm with sun protection. Too bad I learned this very late. But I hope to prevent further darkening so I keep on using this especially during summer. I don’t know if it’s due to the lip scrub, to my conscious effort of moisturizing my lips, or the suncreen but I do notice that my lips look much, much better.
9. Lancaster Sun Sport SPF 20. This is my current favorite sunscreen. It is not stinging to the eyes especially when I swim. I notice too that my skin is not dry even if I stay in the water too long. When I shower and rinse the chlorine, I notice my face is softer like I used a moisturizer instead of a sunscreen. The smell too evokes holiday images!
10. Nail Polish. What is summer without painting your toenails? Wear flip flops or go barefoot but remember to get your nails done before baring your pinkies. I love these pearlized finish of supermarket bought nail polish.
How about you? What beauty products do you swear by to keep you pretty and glowing every summer season? Share us!