Do you exercise to music? You should because it almost feel like you’re not exercising at all. It’s a good motivator that’s why you see all those people in the gym wearing bluetooth stereo headphones. Soon we will all be hitting the beach and swimming pool so time to get those muscles toned for the perfect summer holiday snap.
I share with you some of my favorite workout music:
1. Stronger by Kanye West. The beat may be slow but I start with it and find it just perfect music while tying my running shoes. This gets me to the groove of things. Middle of the song and I will be doing some stretches.
2. London Bridge by Fergie. Another slow yet sexy beat to continue my stretching before I head to the door. I skip the elevator and use the stairs. If I’m sure no one’s watching, I start vigorous exercise — okay dancing (LMAO) by the stairs.
3. Mama Said Knock You Out by LL Cool J. I’ll be out in the courtyard when this song plays. I get intimidated with other nationalities warming up but this song boosts my confidence. And I keep repeating to myself, “Mama said knock you out.I’m gonna knock you out.”
4. Harder Better Faster Stronger by Daft Punk. Title alone makes you want to run.
5. ‘Till I Collapse by Eminem. “Cause sometimes you feel tired, feel weak, and when you feel weak, you feel like you wanna just give up/But you gotta search within you, you gotta find that inner strength and just pull that sh*t out of you and get that motivation to not give up and not be a quitter, no matter how bad you wanna just fall flat on your face and collapse.”
Those lyrics say it all.
6. Eye of The Tiger by Survivor. It may sound corny but can there by anything more inspirational than Rocky Balboa? Most of people I know who exercise 20-30 minute a day have this in their playlist.
7. Lose Yourself by Eminem. No explanation needed. I love heart this lyrical genius.
8. Feel Good by Gorillaz. Beacuse you do feel good when you know you are doing your body a favor. Dance. Jump. Strut. Celebrate your body.
9. Don’ Cha by The Pussycat Dolls. I’ll be all sweaty and thinking about a breakfast at The Lime Tree Cafe and this track makes me want to continue pumping those muscles.
10. We Found Love By Rihanna. After 20 minutes of walking and running, I’ll cool down with this song. Though this last song can change to my favorite tracks by Taylor Swift.
How about you? What are your current music workout?