The aptly named Sonnenalp – sun on on the mountins – radiates warmth. Owned and run by the faessler family whose ranch in Bavaria served as inspiration, the hotel is in the heart of Vail village, a four-minute walk from the ski lifts. After a day on the slopes with their burton snowboards, guests can unwind by the fire in the library, at the full-service spa or by the heated indoor-outdoor pool.
Summertime options include golf at the resort’s private 18-hole course. The KidVentures program provides youngsters with supervised activities and dinner, while grown-ups can choose among five restaurants, including the Swiss Chalet and the contemporary-American Ludwig’s. Guest accommodation have custom furnishings, fireplaces, flat-screen televisions, complimentary WiFi and spacious bathrooms with heated floors.
- Boutique and family-owned-and-run Bavarian-style hotel in the heart of Vil Village
- Exudes old world setting. Even furniture are shipped from Bavaria.
- Cozy library complete with fireplace, stocked with hundreds of books and game boards for guests’ enjoyment
- Family friendly with supervised activities for children age 5-12 years old.
- The resort is a four-minute walk from ski lifts and ski lockers are provided
- The private Sonnenalp Golf course is 18 miles away