For those privilege to spend the Easter holiday away from home, you might want to check these destinations. They are popular ventures year after year most especially during Easter celebrations.
1. New York: On Easter Sunday, New York’s Fifth Avenue is turned into a sea of extravagant bonnet. The parade dates back to 19th Century and is a great event for anyone who loves festivities. The action revolves around Manhattan’s neo-Gothic St Patrick’s Cathedral.
2. Barcelona, Spain: Barcelona is ideal for families seeking short breaks of 3 or 4 nights as short flight times and the proximity of the majority of major attractions to the city centre mean little travelling time for visitors. Transport in the city is excellent and inexpensive as a T-10 ticket allows you to make 10 journeys on the reliable and punctual metro or buses over an unlimited period. Attractions such as the Zoo, the Sagrada Familia and Parc Guelle are all nearby to metro stations meaning that families can visit a number of sites and undertake multiple activities each day.
3. Dubai: The glitzy, futuristic city-state of Dubai is the place to go for an Easter holiday with a difference. Take a break in the numerous luxury hotels complete with Egyptian cotton towels like the ones we see on high-end home accessory store The White London Company. Kids hunt for Easter eggs in the fake snow of the Ski Dubai complex, while camels carry visitors towards Bedouin-style working farms to celebrate Easter in the middle of the desert.
4. Disneyland Paris, France: An Easter break that can be enjoyed by those young and old, the 2 parks at the resort in Paris have a vast array of rides and attractions for both adults and children and therefore Disneyland is ideal for families. With Eurostar trains running directly to the park at the Chessy Marne la Vallée station, travel is hassle free and also less expensive than the cost of flying. Disney structure their prices with families in mind and currently have a range of offers available to families, including free nights, 40% reductions in hotel and park entry prices and benefits for children under 12.
5. Rome: Where better to celebrate Easter than in Rome. The Pope himself holds many of the masses and blessings that transform the Vatican into a prime destination for experiencing grand Easter ceremonies. St Peter’s Square and the world-famous Basilica are best for added pomp, but Easter celebrations are held in almost every church of the Italian capital.